Thursday, September 2, 2010

first day of kindergarten


E had his first day of Kindergarten yesterday. He was so excited and not once did he say he was nervous or scared, but Matt gave him a blessing in the morning and his comment was "Now I feel much Braver!"



When we got to school they started with all the kids in a circle, some of the parents stayed with the kids, but I knew it wouldn't help E or me to stay, but I sat down behind him for just a second and he said "Mom can I just have one more hug?" And he was good for me to leave. He is such a great kid I honestly have missed him already.


So a few people called to ask him how his first day was and he told them that he didn't learn anything he just had fun He told me he just couldn't remember but what ever they did do, it sure wore him out.... it didn't take long after getting in the car before this happened.



In conjuncture with the first day of school I have another give away from MyBlogSpark, and this time it is from Yoplait. We eat ALOT of go-gurts at our house. We especially like them frozen like a popsicle, it's a nice healthy snack. I was able to get this fun prize pack from Yoplait that has all sorts of cool back to school stuff in it. My kids just can't get enough of the pen fan especially. So to celebrate going back to school post a comment about what you like best about the first day/week of school. For me I like getting organized...I loved getting my calendar for each of my college courses and putting them, color cordnated, on to one calendar each semester. I did that some with my kids and google calendar this year. Seriously it thrills me... I know I am a dork. So share with me what you like best by Sept. 10th and one of you will win this.