Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Job

Everyone has been asking me, What is it that you are doing right now? So, I thought I'd give you an update. I have been open for business for 12 weeks now. My Day consists of meeting with clients that I have met through door knocking & refferals to help them find solutions to their financial needs (save money on taxes, save for retirement, create income from savings and start education savings). During my first 17 weeks, there are 3 goals that I must meet in order to stayed employed with Edward Jones: 1) opened accounts 2) earned commissions 3) new prospects (doorknocks). I have met the 2 of the goals(accounts and commissions) already and I am working to get the rest of my prospects. With a little effort I hope to crush all 3 goals.
All of the those details aside, what I strive to do is become a solution to all of those I meet. I take all opportunities to learn from my trainers, mentors, analysts and money managers. I have learned a ton but look forward to the day when I can look back and say "man, Ive come a long way".
Ive met a lot of interesting people out there, here is one of them,
My favorite customer quote,"you need a bling-bling new car to be successful broker"-this comes from someone with several bling-bling cars but nothing in the bank. He needs to read the Millionaire Next Door.
So to summarize it all, I meet with clients , recommend securities to meet their financial needs and constantly seek new clients via knocking doors. The Edward Jones system is simple and has worked for decades. If all goes well I should have my new office about 8 months from now. You'll all be invited for the Grand Opening.
Last of all, Ive learned that everyone can invest a little today to have a whole lot tommorrow. Id love to help everyone save for a rainy day. Please call me if I can help you save money on taxes(aka: need a tax deduction?) or help you get better returns on your savings. See ya out there!
-Matt

No comments: