Sunday, April 13, 2008


Two more projects down and 2 more to go. Here are the results of my latest project completions. The hall electrical panel, if you recall the wall around the panel has been boarded up for the past 18 months due to the electrical overhall of the house. So finally a new sheet of drywall was put up, mudded, painted and then the trim was reinstalled.
The icing on the kitchen pantry cabinets is by far my proudest moment as a DIYer and weekend warrior. I made a custom countertop. I custom cut MDF material to fit the shape of the countertop I needed, stacked another piece underneath it and then glued them together. I then bought some laminate that matches the rest of our kitchen and cut it to the shape of the sides, and top. I then glued the laminate sides on, routered the edges flush and then proceded to do the same to the top piece. After the dusty cleanup, it was done. Not only does it look good but cost a fraction of a profession shops price (my cost $125-awesome huh?)
My next projects include he hand rail, window sills and then of course the landscaping (I forgot about that, its a big one)

2 comments:

Sabby said...

Nice work! I must say both look great, isn't it nice to check things off your to do list! I love that!

Ben said...

It looks very good. I am impressed. NOw I know who to call the next time I need a custom countertop.