Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A good morning

This morning I went and worked out with a swim team. I kept up pretty good and learned a lot from the coaches and other swimmers. And not to mention a great workout. Not to mention coming home hungry and ready for a nap. I wore goggles for the first time for real too. I am going to be doing this twice a week for the rest of the summer, so that I can learn how to swim properly, and I am off to a good start.

Oh did I mention that the next oldest person on the team was 13 years old...yes I was more than double the age of everyone there. And 8 years older than oldest coach (which just happen to be my sister).
This is going to be a fun summer (if I don't swallow too much water!)

3 comments:

LyndiLou said...

YAY for swimming lessons!!! I took some with my sisters and some of my cousins, since I got married... and I'm sooo glad that I did!!! I'm still not pro, but I feel more comfortable in the pool. :) Keep up the good work and enjoy your summer!!!

Beck Bunch said...

I didn't know that you wanted to learn to swim. How fun to be taught by Jill. What fun you will have with your kids in the years to come. Stay dry and watch out for that sun.

Sabby said...

That sounds so fun, way to go! I have never mastered the swim laps thing, good for you!