Saturday, January 30, 2010

a very thoughtful boy

I have been up most of the night four of the last eight nights...with sick kids. It makes for one tired Mommy, but it looks like everyone is feeling well today and yesturday, so hopefully we are in the clear.
The point of this post isn't that I'm tired, but that my son E is super sweet. The night I was up with him (he threw up every 10-15 min all night except for one 2 hour span) I was throwing up for the umteenth time and he said "I'm sorry, Mom." and I asked why and he said "for keeping you up all night I know you are really tired." and he said this while his throwing up every drop of liquid left in his stomach. I just hugged him and told him it was worth everything to be is mom. I know it didn't sink in because he said it a few more times that night, but it was nice to see how compationate my little man is.

3 comments:

Allison said...

What a cutie, I can totally picture E saying that.

Sorry you guys got hit with the flu, hope it is all gone now!

LyndiLou said...

That IS thoughtful. Wow! :) What a sweetie!

Steph said...

I hope you guys are feeling better! I can picture him saying that too, he is such a tender hearted little guy!