Friday, January 18, 2008

Yeah!

Thanks to Allison and Ben's examples of how to put kids down the right way... in our opinion. We have started to do things their way and it works!!!! I was spending 1 1/2-4 hours a day in my boys' room holding their hands, rubbing their backs...reading books, singing songs...anything to get them to get them to go to sleep. AND NOW... after 3 days of working on it they are going to sleep much faster and I can get stuff done in that time. At the moment I am sitting in the hall way while they put them selves to sleep... mostly for their comfort.... it was a compromise with E who was terrified the first night in the dark by himself... but this way I can at least read or work on stuff on my computer!!! I have been so much more productive the past few days and so much happier.
OK so I didn't explain the new way of putting them down. They get ready for bed like usual...pjs,brushing teeth... then we read one story, sing one or two songs, tuck them in, give them hugs and kisses and leave. It is a total of 15 minutes or so for both nap time and bed time and I am free to do other stuff!!!!!
Anyway I feel very silly now about all that time I wasted just sitting there when there was such a better way. Thanks Ben and Allison for helping us to have the confidence to try something new, without even knowing that you were helping us!
Alex

1 comment:

Allison said...

HA, that cracks me up - glad we could be of help without knowing it! I would think changing a routine would take a long time, but if they are already adjusting after three days that is awesome.

I also LOVE the time I have when the kids nap or after they go to bed - so if it works for you too, great!