Sunday, June 1, 2008

Surf's Up







Happy Birthday John (May 16th, 1960-j/k) and thanks again for inviting us to come along with you to the new FlowRider (stationary wave) in Ogden, UT. It is very similar to the wave we used to ride at Pharo's in Redlands, CA. My buddies (Aaron, Ben, Brian, Mark) and I used to be able to do dropknee, dropknee spins, cutbacks, belly-spinners, rolos (although kinda lame on the flowrider) and I even pulled off a dropknee board shuffle (180). We used to have such a good time when the waves at the beach were small to nothing. It was the perfect summer alternative to small beach waves. Memories, memories....

4 comments:

Allison said...

Looks like fun! You should come to Cali and ride the real waves too. But you're right, I'm sure the fake ones are better.

What's up with the chick in the picture who looks like she forgot her swimsuit and just wore underwear?

John said...

AHHH my eyes are burning from the white short people who were there!!!
BLECH!
Yes, Allison, the girl AND boy both have on shorts (his aren't even swim trunks) sans anything underneath so you could see WAY more then you wanted to see. It was nasty. I spent a lot of time trying NOT to look at them.
Matt did great in the waves! I'm glad you had fun. ;)

Kevin said...

Nice wave riding matt!! That was fun!!

I still have nightmares from the horrible, no underwear, just white see through, shorts of that nappy couple!!!

Steph said...

um. John actually didn't leave that comment. It was me. He TRICKED me and signed in on my computer.
Rude. :)