Monday, February 2, 2009

2 things I learned today

Everyday E wakes up ready for the day to begin. He is usually happy, hungry but most of all LOUD! AND he needs company. So he comes to get me, or Matt (on the weekends) He knows all the most annoying things to do (our biggest pet peeves) For me he will touch my face and repeat "can we get up now, can we get up now, can we get up now" over and over. For Matt he will tickle his feet and poke him in the ribs. He has even turned on the light a time or two (he doesn't do that very often the consequences are harsh.) Needless to say I have a hard time getting up some mornings. When I was pregnant it was painful to lay down for very long, but hard to sleep sitting up and now I am up several times a night with Baby S. PLUS I am a night owl, so I stay up way later than I should because I finally get to do something in the quiet and I don't want to stop.

So the first thing that I learned (or finally realized) today is that the most annoying thing for a parent that is a night owl is a child that is a morning person... no matter how much you love and appreciate them once you are awake.


The second thing I learned today was that my favorite Digital Scrapbooking site, Digital Scrapbook Memories, is having a really cool contest to win a free stay and classes for their retreat in May. I am way excited about the retreat and already have plans to go, but to go for free would be even cooler. I went last year and had a blast, and learned so so much, PLUS I won some cool software and a very expensive photo printer... so I encourage anyone who has been wanting to learn to digital scrapbook, or has been doing it forever to come check things out and come play with us in a couple of months.

2 comments:

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Thanks for posting this!

LyndiLou said...

Alex... you're cute and I like you! :) I smiled imagining you pulling the covers higher over your head to the sound of "can we get up yet" over and over! :)

I haven't done digital scrapbooking... I have LOADS of stuff to use for regular ones that I should probably use first! ;) The retreat sounds fun though... I hope you win! ;)

Did you see I finially got a little post about Baby Chomp?!? I still need to get a birth story pulled together for my Mom, but for some reason that seems a bit overwhelming still! :P It will get here someday!

Hope you're doing great up there... and don't mind my super huge comment!