Monday, May 4, 2009

my boy and his ring


A good friends little boy is in love with his CTR (choose the right) ring. She blogged about an inspiring event that happened to them with a their boy and his ring. Keeping that in mind here is what happened with my boy (A) and his ring.
My boys came down with strep so they had very little energy and wanted to eat very little for a few days. Then came yesterday. I don't think I have EVER seen them this hyper! They woke up being crazy they wanted to eat way more and they were so so so loud (a good sign that they no longer had a sore throat). When nap time came around (yes they both take naps still... they need them) they were still very hyper, but grouchy from also being worn out. I was reading for an extra long time trying to help them calm down when all of the sudden A started to throw up everywhere. He had been throwing up with his fever but that was long gone, so I was very confused until I looked at the puddle he had just made on his sheets and there was his CTR ring in the middle of the mess. Yes my child almost swallowed his pointy, sharp ring. Luckily he didn't get it down his throat too far... it would have really hurt coming up and I'm so glad he didn't swallow it cause those would have been funny but expensive X-rays...
So after a month of having a practical joke up as my last post this is what it took for me to get back to my blog and post again... shame on me.
PS after we got him cleaned up they both went right down for there nap :)

4 comments:

LyndiLou said...

Any clue as to WHY the ring was sooo tasty and tempting all the sudden?!? :) Kids are sooo funny!

I've been wondering how you're doing... Life has kept you busy, eh?!? :)

Alex said...

I have no idea why he decided to put it in his mouth right then except that he his a 3 year old boy and he doesn't need a reason to put ANYTHING in is mouth or throw anything or smear anything all over himself and anything near him :)

Erin said...

What a story! Luckily my boys haven't yet discovered the tastiness of their rings--- hopefully they never will.

Amy said...

Too funny.